1) According to the latest report, consumer confidence a breathtaking 15 points last month, to its lowest level in 9 years.
2) The banknotes which had fooled many bank tellers were discovered to be .
3) The charitable acts of their boss used to be greatly praised by the people. However, ruthless company downsizing drives and continued layoffs, coupled with rising pay for top managers,have made him look a good deal less .
4) The boy seemed more to their poverty after seeing how his grandparents lived.
be reconciled to sth.甘于......
attributed sth. to sth. 将……归结于……
5) When a person dies, his debts must be paid before his can be distributed.
6) Turning cultivated land back into forests or pasture is a fundamental way to stem soil_____and desertification in the long run.
7) In that country, a person who marries before legal age must have a parent's to obtain a license.
8) Russian women had to wear protective masks as they walked in Moscow, which was by a heavy smog yesterday.
9) The discrepancy in the company accounts is so that no auditor could have failed to notice it.
10) One can understand others much better by noting the immediate and fleeting reactions of their eyes and to expressed thoughts.
11) Participants in the Shanghai Co-operation Forum regional teamwork to promote investment and economic development.
12) Because a degree from a good university is the means to a better job, education is one of the most______areas in Japanese life.
superficial 表面的; 肤浅的
13) It is always in some ways, because if it were performed as a primitive fending-off or covering-up action, it would obviously be too transparent.
14)The emphasis on exams is by far the wont form of competition in schools.
15)______is practiced to some extent by the adherents of every religion. It often requires abstinence from food, drink, or sexual activity, as in fasting or celibacy and it may also require physical pain or discomfort, such as endurance of extreme heat or cold or self-punishment.
【答案】1~5 CCCAB 6~10 AAABB 11~15 DBDDD