1. The last decade tremendous changes in the means of transportation.
A.has witnessed B. was witnessed C.witnessed D. is witnessed
2. When they entered the room, they found the windows open and something .
A.stolen B . to be stolen C.to steal D. stealing
3. You can join us for this activity you follow these rules strictly.
A.on condition that B. just as C.now that D. in case
4. The research scientists often meet with problems new types of instruments for their solution .
A.require B . to require C.required D.requiring
5. The house is well decorated the disarrangement of a few photos.
A.except B. besides C.except for D. in addition to
6 . Without computers , we the tremendous medical advancement in the last few decades.
A. would not make B . will not have made C.could not make D. couldn't have made
7 . The tree , the branches are almost bare , is a very old one.
A.whose B. in which C.of which D.which
8. What's done is done. It's no use anyone for it.
A.blaming B.blame C . to blame D. to be blaming
9. It is the boy's laziness that the exam.
A.resulted from B.led to C.brought in D.led into
10. I can't this type of computer, it's too expensive.
A.cost B.spend C.afford D.trade
11. The students were assigned different tasks according to their abilities.
A.respectful B.respectable C.respective D.responsible
12 . Thank you for the you did me to move the sofa upstairs.
- favor B.good C.help D.kindness
13. As for quality of this model of color TV sets, the ones made in China are by no means those imported.
A. inferior than B. less inferior to C . less inferior than D. inferior to
14. This well-known international organization was several years ago.
A. set up B.made up C. taken up D.got up
15. The couples had to move to the north because they found it hard to themselves to the hot climate in the south
A.adopt B.make C.enjoy D. adjust
16.I remembered the door before I left the house.
A. locking B.lock D.locked C. to lock
17.I didn't hear because there was too much noise where I was sitting.
A. what did he say B.what he had said C . what was he saying D.what to say
18.George took of the fine weather to do a day’s work in his garden.
A.advantage B.profit C. interest D.charge
19. We found that the plane we got to the airport.
A. already took off B . had already taken off C . was already taking off D . was already taken off
20. The sudden rise in oil prices led to an economic in the country.
A.crash B.crisis C.threat D.danger
21. The reason I didn't attend the lecture was simply I got a bad cold that day.
A.because B.as C.that D.for
22. California relies heavily on income from fruit crops,_____.
A. also does Florida B. so Florida does C.so does Florida D.Florida does either
23. Such a reliable person as him won't make promises
A. Bare B.empty C.blank D . vacant
24. In English vocabulary, words of French are not rare.
A.source B.resource C.birth D.origin
25. One new to learning a foreign language is to study the language in its cultural context.
A.approach B.solution C . manner D.road
26. Staring at the ruins of his house, he couldn’t how the fire had broken out.
A. bring out B. turn out C. figure out D. pick out
27. I didn't know what to do, but then an idea to me suddenly .
A.happened B.entered C.hit D . occurred
28. The government has lost a great deal of because of the large increase in food price.
A.strength B.support C.agreement D. vote
29. I continued to study the discouragement I had received.
A. despite of B.despite C. in spite D. in spite that
30. They said I had given the whistle was worth.
A. twice as many as B. as twice many as C. as twice much as D. twice as much as
31. It is necessary to a large vocabulary in learning a language.
A.accumulate B.collect C.assemble D . gather
32. Many people in Africa seem to be of the American way of life;driving everywhere.
A.envious B.hopeful C.pleased D.happy
33. One requirement for this job is that you must be to work on weekends .
A.accessible B.available C.acceptable D.capable
34. Rain does not bring down the temperature.
A.certainly B. undoubtedly C.necessarily D.completely
35. Theory is based on practice and serves and guides practice.
A. in turn B. by turns C.taking turns D. in return