1.Trains stop here in order to passengers.
A.get off B. put up C.get on D.pick up
2. Fortunately, the demonstration to be quite peaceful.
A.turned on B. turned out C.showed off D.showed up
3. Could you tell me to fly from Chicago to New York?
A.it costs how much B. how much does it cost C. how much costs it D. how much it costs
4. The book covers a wide of topics on international politics.
A.range B.number C.collection D.amount
5.I know it's not important but I can't help about it.
A. to think B.thinking C.thinks D.think
6. Solid-fuel engines are simpler than liquid-fuel engines, have important uses.
A . both of them B.both C. both of which D. both all
7. Unfortunately, he didn't to read the agreement carefully before signing it.
A. bother B.disturb C.occur D.happier
8.Where do you normally have your hair ?
A. being done B.do C. to be done D. done
9 . I you with the funds . Why didn't you ask me ?
A.could have provided B. should have provided C . must have provided D . ought to have provide
10. The child was to open the window.
A. tall barely enough B. barely enough tall C.barely tall enough D . tall enough barely
11. While I the morning paper, a headline caught my eye.
A.have read B . was reading C.had read D. am reading
12. the strength of the opposition,we did very well to score two goals.
A.To consider B.Considered C.Considering D.Consider
13. At first I thought I understood what she said, but the more thought about it , .
A. the more did I become confused B. the more I became confused
C. the more confused became I D. the more confused I became
14. Mary has lived here for five years and still hasn't more than a few words with her neighbors .
A.exchanged B. informed C.said D.spoken
15.A little learning is a dangerous the saying
A . like B.as D.if C.with
16. If , the girl would very much like to sing a song at the evening party.
A.invite B. Invited C. inviting D. to be invited
17. Computers will our working conditions to such an extent that we may imagine most people working at home someday in the future .
A.improve B.effect C. increase D.afford
18. suggestions you make,he will turn a deaf ear to them
A.What B.Whatever C.Which D.However
19. his fluent English , he must in America for a long time.
A. Judged by; have stayed B. Judged by; be staying C. Judging from; have stayed D. Judging from; be staying
20. It was the policeman came the parents knew what had happened to their son.
A.before;as B.until;when C . not until ; that D.until;that
21. She was seen that theatre just now.
B.enter A.entered C.to enter D. to be entering
22. For what did he come here?
A.aim B. purpose C.goal D. object
23. You had better my telephone number before you forget it.
A . write down B.clear out C. put aside D.skim over
24.Brass(黄铜）is gold in color.
A. similar with B. familiar with C. familiar to D. similar to
25. Camp meetings often for several days.
A.went away B. went on C.went off D. went by
26. ,talking with friendly people,and having Friday off-these are just some things I like about college.
A. Studied by myself B. In person C.On my own D. Being on my own
27. Later, the small workshop a world-famous factory.
A. developed int B. grew up C. turned out D. got into
28. According to some religious beliefs, the world is by God.
A.structured B. founded C.created D.established
29. There are still a lot of difficulties for us to .
A.deal with B.settle down C.apply to D.get along
30. He was afraid that the others might think he was showing or being superior.
A.in B. up C.out D.off
31. It's a difficult exam, but we could still cope with it.
A. fairly B.too C. rather D.enough
32. If you that night, you might have been too late to get your ticket.
A. didn't hurry B.hadn't hurried C. wouldn't hurry D. hadn't to hurry
33.He asked us if we would to share a room.
A.accept B.consider C.agree D.admit
34.He has a strong of duty.
A.sense B.emotion C.feeling D.thought
35. He ran all the way home and arrived breath.
A. full of B. lacking of C.beyond D. out of