1. When was it____you met him in the library?
A.where B.that C. in which D. which
2.Hardly his speech when he saw the audience rise as one.
A. had he finished B. did he finish C. he finished D. he had finished
3. "I missed the train home last night."
A. have I B.I have C.did I D.I did
4. There was a loud crash as the door broke, and in _____the police.
A.did come B.cam C.have come D.they came
5.____he first heard of the chemist.
A. That was from the teacher that B. It was the teacher whom
C. It was from the teacher that D. That was the teacher whom
6. I visited Jiuzhaigou last autumn. Never in my life so beautiful a place like that.
A . I had seen B . did I see C . have I seen D . I shall see
7._____,the workers continued their work in the open.
A. Heavy as was the rain B. As the rain was heavy C. As heavy was the rain D. Heavy as the rain was
8. It was at the music hall we met each other for the first time
A.when B. where C. which D.that
9. Not until the early 1900s to vote in the United States.
A. women were allowed B.they allowed women C.when women were allowed D. were women allowed
10. Only after being asked several times us the story of his strange life.
A. did he tell B.then he told C . he could tell D . he began to